Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > think my maxi has down loaded software u...
think my maxi has down loaded software update correctly

2185 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2016-03-22 13:22:02

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Amotors
    2016-03-21 19:39:44
    Every time I connect to a vehicle and hit auto scan it says decode failed

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-03-22 08:41:33 (Reply to:Amotors)

Hi, not all cars can support VIN decoding function. So if decoding failed during auto scan then please try manual selection. If you have other problems, please write to support@autel.com for quick reply since the update of your device will expire on March 29th. Please do remember to update all software that you need before the expiry date. Thanks! 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-03-22 13:22:02 (Reply to:Amotors)

Is it  not able to auto scan any car any longer or just certain makes?Did you make a backup of all your older DS708  software at a time when all was working?
      Before you expire   If you did make back up software, I would suggest You get a new Sandisk 16GB SD card immediately and copy and paste your  back up software to the new card and see if everything works.(Do not update that card)
      Have support send you any special file right now if you will need it , if you format the existing card and reinstall all the existing software again. Remember your expiration date is the March 29th  China which is the 28th in North America.
      My guess is after all the hassle of re-downloading everything again, something still isn't going to take right with reloading everything which will coincidentally require you to purchase an update after expiration.
      As a rule of thumb ,Don't take the Bait! I would refrain from  doing  any available update to any software within 30 days of expiration to anything that is not completely broken, other wise if things get broke you have no other choice  than to purchase an update and you are the one that will be broke afterwards, LMAO  
  Total1 Pages